The Best Moment

5:57 PM


One of the best moment I ever had was the beginning of our team formed. The team I talk about here is just five people from the same class plus one junior who helped us, united because of a final project of Computer Organization course in the first semester.
It was all began one day –
I don’t remember  the exact date, but our Computer Organization lecturer gave us a final project which was making a learning video that related to the course. He ordered the class to form groups of five people of our own choice, and the project’s due date was three weeks after it notified. Then he left the classroom, gave us the freedom to choose our friends for the groups. I remember how Hasil and Adam screamed, “Let’s make a funny but meaningful video!” So I stood among them and asked if I could join them. They agreed, then called Opping (Lovinda) and David to join us, and yes, they agreed. We excitedly discussed the ‘messy concept’ for the video, out loud, in front of the class – like there was just the five of us. Moments later I realized the class became a little bit more quiet, and I knew it was all because some people of my class are shy people and some didn’t like the group we formed. The main reason why they didn’t content with our group formation was because each of us, Adam, Hasil, Opping, David and myself, not to be boastful but, we have our own ‘special abilities’ from video concepting, recording, editing – but most of all, I was belong to a ‘ladies group’ of six, so yeah... they didn’t please of how I ‘left’ them to join other people who was not belong to the group (I learned that months later from one of my friend from the ‘ladies group’ which is now my trusted friend).
A week after the project notified, we still haven’t done any single bit of it because we were busy doing Algortihm and Programming final project which was due in a week before the video’s due date. A week later, still no progress of it because it was a stressful week of finishing Algorithm project and its presentation. Until a week before the video project’s due date, that’s when we discussed the concept seriously, and agreed to shoot some clips the next day, and our campus would be the meet point.
The next day we gathered at the campus lobby. I was the latest to come and when I arrived, there were one unfamiliar guy sitting next to Hasil. I wasn’t asked Hasil nor the guy who he was right away, I was just sit and talked with them. Then we decided to shoot some openings for the video, and that guy agreed to help us shoot them. He introduced himself as his name was Miko, Hasil’s close friend since high school – and he’s our junior. The we shot few clips based on the concept we discussed the day before, with Miko as the cameraman and he gave us some suggestion for the video. The next day, I checked those clips we shot (we used my camera) and found out that the clips are, well, they weren’t in line with expectations so we decided to re-take with another concept.
Three days before the due date we shot some clips, with different concept, but more structured than the previous. It was such an exhausting day, from one place to another – Megamall, Harbour Bay Mall, to the furthest: Opping’s house in Dapur 12. The funniest part was, we shot mostly of the scenes in Opping’s house, well, because he had mostly of the hardwares we listed. And I counted, we started everything: the concepting, the trip, the shooting, all in 16 hours that day. And then Hasil drove us to our own homes.
Two days before the due date, was the day we planned to edit the videos. We agreed to do it at my house, and there we were. I added my concept for the video, a stop-motion, so I did the proceedings while David helped me took the photos, and 4 others edited the video. The proceedings weren’t as smooth as you could imagine – we fought, we yelled at each others, and at some points our ideas weren’t the same; but after those dispute, we reconciled and laughed and ate some fries and kept on doing our own stuffs. And we were doing it for, I’m not sure, from 11.00 AM until night. That night the video still hadn’t finish yet but we all pretty exhausted so we decided to take some photos. Our faces looked so oily but we put our smiles for it. We didn’t know that was the day our bound of friendship formed.
A day before the due date, we did the editing, at my house again, and it was more intense than the previous day. I learned an error of my stop-motion video – so in the stop-motion, I made a list of the hardwares we were about to explain. I was stressed and started yelling at them, they were speechless but seconds later David helped me again to take the photos. But it wasn’t as easy as before – the photos weren’t match to the previous photos so I and David stressed about it and blamed the others. Opping caught the fire and threw his arguments against David, and then silent for the rest of the day. That was pretty funny for us actually, because the night before driving them home we all reconciled again and gave a name for our group: WTF. To be honest, it was the most absurd name and we still don’t have any idea why we call our group with that name. You know, just a friendship thing – where everything no matter if it’s funny or scary or absurd or intense, it was a part of true friendship thing.
And on the due date, alhamdulillah, everything well prepared. The video was burnt into a disk and we made its cover and disk sticker, both with our Graphic Design characters on it. We sat as groups in the class and the lecturer (who was substitued by Mr. Hamim Thohari) played our class’ videos and gave reviews on them. We got the last turn (I always call it ‘save the best for the last’) and guess what? It was true! We got the best review from the lecturer. He said our video have some things that other groups missed: the angles, the concept, the background music (which we put to reduce noises), the opening video, the stop-motion, the scenes transitions; but we still had an error which was an image leakage (there was a scene where it supposed to be one person and one hardware in the frame, but there was a foot – Hasil’s foot appeared in the background). After all, he said it was very good but there was a funniest part of the day – he complimented Adam because Adam was (and still) the chairman of KuAS (an art organization in Polibatam), so he thought the video was a masterpiece of his ideas. We laughed and after the session was over, we fake-blamed Adam for his ‘not-helped-too-much’ on the editing process. But that was just for jokes, not serious.

Since that day, we always get together, like, everywhere, everytime, shared stories and secrets; laughters, tears, embarassing moments, everything. Until this very day, our bound still strong, even though Miko not accepted to this polytechnic (he work at a shop as a photographer now) but we still get in touch together. That was, and still, the best moment in my life I ever had: the friendship that will never die.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images